This article will show you how to change the keyboard layout in Ubuntu 11.04, but this should work on any distribution that has Gnome set as the desktop environment.
So here there are 5 things you must do:
- Go to System -> Preferences -> Keyboard.
- In the new open window /Keyboard Preferences/, select the “Layouts” tab.
- Click “Add” and select your keyboard layout by country or by language.
- Look at the virtual keyboard and see if it matches your keyboard’s layout.
- When you find the layout you need, click “Add”.
And that’s all..